THE BENEFITS OF CSA MEMBERSHIP ARE MANY:
- Produce is picked at it’s peak of flavor and delivered fresh, often within hours of being harvested.
- Buying from local farmers keeps money in the local economy.
- Direct contact with the person growing your food means more transparency and a safer food system
- Learning to eat seasonally reduces environmental imact of imported fruits and vegetables; ie, are pale, flavorless tomatoes from Chile really necessary in January?
- Access to new and different varieties that you may not find elsewhere.
- Share in the risk, and the bounty, of the farm.
Medium and Full shares options for Summer only, or 4-Seasons!
CALLIOPE FARM SUMMER 2014 CSA
Enjoy the bounty of summer with a weekly share of freshly picked, organically grown produce. We will be growing over 100 varieties of fruits and vegetables this year, with many ark of taste and heirloom varieties chosen for outstanding flavor and nutrition. In addition to the standard summer favorites we will throw in a few surprises to keep your plate colorful and diverse. A weekly share will consist of 6-10 items.
4 SEASON CSA SHARE
The 4 Season CSA share will be 44 weeks of produce from our farm. It allows members to opt out of delivery for any 4 weeks of the year without worrying about finding someone to pick up your share or absorbing the cost of those missed weeks. In the Winter months you can expect a large variety of greens, carrots, scallions, beets, radishes and salad turnips, as well as stored crops like potatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squash, garlic, and onions.
We will do our best to provide nutritional information, basic preparation and storage tips, as well as recipes for the vegetables provided in the share.
DATES AND COST
Summer Only: May 19, 2015-October 13, 2015 (22 weeks)
- Full Share price: $625
- Medium Share price: $400
4 Seasons: May 19, 2015- May 10, 2016 (44 weeks)
- Full Share price: $1025
- Medium Share price: $650
*payment plan available for either CSA option–please contact us.